The promotion of local supply chains, sustainable food production and consumption is one of the most effective strategies to raise people’s awareness of the products we bring to the table that can help reduce the impact of climate change.
In collaboration with international partners and local experts, Wcyle Institute is promoting a film competition dedicated to young people aged between 18 and 35 in the city of Maribor: the aim is to develop, through a video, a story that helps to spread good food practices, documenting the relationship that exists between food and climate.
The submission deadline is April 1, 2022.
Options film categories:
– short films
– full-length film
– Animated films (full-lengt or short)
– self-sufficiency in food
– food production
– food consumption
– linking climate change to food waste
– support for local food products and markets
– promotion of local farms
– combating food waste
– Improving awareness of the importance of local food
– promoting a healthier lifestyle among peers
– promoting access to healthy, sustainable and fair food sources
The best-rated film, selected by an expert panel, will receive a 6-hour individual mentorship from the local society Film Factory.